The City of Conover's Community Room is operated by the City
and was established by law for community and civic purposes.
This facility shall be used primarily for governmental and community events as permitted under the laws governing the use of such public facilities. Governmental functions shall take precedence over all other activities.
The Community Room holds 125 people with tables and chairs, 275 people with chairs only, and 385 people for standing room only events. Room rental includes 130 chairs and 16 60" round tables. A kitchenette with refrigerator, sink and microwave are also available for use. At this time, the room is not available for rent on Sundays or Mondays.
Before approval, an application & door request form from this page must be completed and signed by a responsible person, age 21 years or older, who owns property in the City Limits of Conover. You must have 1 week notice to rent the room. For more information or to book a rental contact
Conover City Hall @ 828-464-1191.
$100 Security Deposit (Refundable if room is clean)
$200 for four hours - $50 for each additional hour
- Includes use of outdoor patio area
$50 Set-Up (2 hours on night before event, if available)
Rules and Regulations:
1. The deposit covering the use fee will not be refunded unless a reservation is canceled five (5) days prior to the scheduled use or use of the facility is prevented by an act of God.
2. Setting up tables requires the assistance of two or more people in order to prevent dropping or breaking. Any damage to property whether intentional or accidental shall be the responsibility of the applicant. Damages must be reported to the City Finance Director who will advise as to the procedure for settling the damages.
3. Fortune telling, palm reading, related activities, and any other activity not complying with Federal, State & local laws are prohibited. Burlesque shows are prohibited.
4. Games of chance are prohibited. This does not apply to the awarding of prizes when there is no charge for participation and/or when only donations are made voluntarily.
5. Parking is not permitted on grassy areas, sidewalks or patio area. Parking is only permitted in designated areas.
6. Activities shall cease at 10:00 p.m. unless otherwise authorized on the application. Doors shall remain closed except for entering and exiting.
7. Decorations are not permitted on the walls or ceiling.
8. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited inside or outside the building. Smoking is prohibited. Music is allowed.
9. City owned equipment shall not be removed from premises.
10. City assumes no responsibility for any property left unattended.
11. All permits are subject to cancellation at the discretion of the City.
12. Persons using the Center shall refrain from unnecessary loud noises. Before leaving the Center, all refuse must be cleared and deposited in the rollout containers provided. Floors and kitchen shall be cleaned, lights turned off, and doors closed.
13. The police officer on duty may at anytime vacate the Center and close the activities if found to be carried on in violation of the above regulations. All fees and deposits shall be forfeited.